Monday 26 December 2011

Birds of a Feather

The hotel we are staying in serves breakfast next to a beautiful pond. The fish dance beneath and the swans sail gracefully across the surface.

IMG_0007

Each morning we are delighted with the different sights…


Duck!!

Ok, not actually a duck, looks more like a goose but who knows (must remember to ask hotel staff).
I think he/she must have had an itch of some kind because they were preening and rolling around in the water for ages.

IMG_0015

Here is the same bird in a more graceful pose.

IMG_0011


Black and White

Two swans performing synchronised swimming manoeuvres. Can’t say I have seen a black swan before.



And I have no idea what this swan is doing, but shouldn’t those legs be padding like mad under the water?

IMG_0019

Now if you’ll excuse me I need to order another waffle.

No comments:

Post a Comment